How To Create a Viral Report To Attract Visitors To Your Website And Offers
Once your website is set up and live, the most important thing for your online business is traffic.
You cannot make any money without people seeing your website and you need to put a little effort into getting visitors. In particular, you need ‘targeted’ visitors, meaning people who are likely to be interested in the offer you are promoting on your site.
It’s a pointless exercise attracting general interest traffic as they are simply going to bounce from your site, unless they are interested in your niche.
You can use this method to get traffic several different ways, and I’m about to show you some right here.
I’m going to show you how to write the report, what to include in it and how to share it effectively so that you not only get visitors, but other people share it for you, for even more traffic.
A viral report that is being passed around the Internet can generate a huge amount of traffic for you if you do it right.
Here is what you need to know about the viral report method:
How to Create a Viral Report
So, the first thing that you’re going to have to do is create the viral report.
This means that you’re going to have to choose a topic in your niche and then write about it, but there are some very specific things you need to include in the report to make it work for this tactic.
Firstly, you have to make it exciting, so people actually want to share it. It’s not easy, but put a little thought and effort into it and you could see a huge return for the work you put in.
Coming up with viral report material will take up the majority of the time you spend on this project because you need to make a good enough for people to share it.
You’re looking for something which solves a problem and is linked to a solution which is a product you are an affiliate for. The report will detail the problem, then present the solution.
Here are a few examples of viral reports in the ‘make money online’ niche that might be solved by a particular product and could be shared:
- 10 Websites That Could Increase Your Traffic 500% in the Next 12 Months (Linked to a traffic product)
- 12 Solutions to Organizing Your Online Business and Finally Reaching Your Goals (Software/coaching product?)
- Five Online Services That Could Double Your Income by the End of the Year (There are a ton of service based products to promote for this)
Get the idea?
Write about a problem then present the solution at the end of the report.
Another great way to do this is to explain in your report how to do something that is really valuable to other affiliates and detail it step by step. THEN introduce the shortcut to doing it faster/easier/more effectively, in the form of the product you are an affiliate for.
Don’t try the square peg/round hole tactic of any old product, because you need to perfectly pair the technique you’re teaching, to the product you’re promoting.
You can link directly to the product, but it’s better to get the traffic from your report to go to your website and specifically, the page/post where you promote or review the problem solving product.
That way, they are also exposed to your other content and offers. And if you are building a list and have an opt-in on your website, you’ll also build your list faster.
How To Get the Report Out There
In order to distribute your report and give it its best chance of going viral, you want to get it in the hands of as many people within your niche as possible.
- Offer it free of charge as a resource for other marketers which they can pass on to anyone if the report remains unchanged. Make this clear in the report, right at the top, so anyone receiving it knows they can pass it on.
- For your report to be a success, you need circulation. You need as many people downloading it and passing it on as possible. Once it gathers steam, it will take on a life of its own, without you lifting a finger.
- Post your report to online forums, Facebook, Twitter and any other social accounts you may have. If you know other affiliates you can pass it on yourself and obviously have it available on your site.
- It can also help you build your list, as you can use it as your free giveaway on an squeeze page or optin box on your website.
The great thing about having your own free report or reports, is that it really is hands off traffic once it gathers some momentum. You can be working on other things while your report works for you 24/7.